My third resolution is to do five things in 2011 that I haven't done before.
Someone sent me one of those end-of-year memes that asks a lot of questions about your year (what's your favorite TV show, what song sums up the year for you, what countries did you visit, etc.). I was amazed and horrified when I got to the question that asked "What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?" and I couldn't come up with an answer.
As I rolled through a list of possible options in my head, I began to realize that I didn't have a good answer. And THAT made me realize that I need to make 2011 different.
So, I'm going to do five things in 2011 that I haven't done before. I'm hoping that running a half marathon is one of them (god help me) and I'd like another to have to do with finishing the nonfiction work that began as my dissertation. Sylvia and Ted, I'm coming back for you AGAIN/
I'm not sure what else is on my list, but I'll let you know as I figure it out. There's something profoundly energizing in the possibilities, though.
What new things did you do in 2010? What's on your list of things to do in 2011 that you've never done before?
No comments:
Post a Comment