J. and I both made a commitment to be more active this year, and we found a simple way to challenge and track ourselves over at John Bingham's Blog where wejoined the 100 Day Challenge. The challenge is simple and brilliant. All you do is make the commitment to intentionally move your body for 30 minutes per day, every day, for 100 days.
I like it for several reasons. I like the fact that the exercise isn't over-prescribed: 30 minutes of movement leaves the door wide open for all kinds of things. For me, right now, it means any combination of walking, running, or a couple of Wii exercise games (Wii Fit Plus for the easy days, and EA Active 2 for the more challenging ones).
I also like that it clearly specifies intentional movement -- which removes the possibility of cobbling together a day's workout from memory ("I walked to the mail box, and that took 5 minutes ...").
And 30 minutes is a goodly amount. J. and I have learned that repeatedly in the last few days, when a brings-you-to-your-knees EA Active workout lasts for only 23 minutes, and you KNOW you have to add on to make it to the 30 minute goal.
Finally, 100 days is a serious goal and it requires a serious commitment.
Day 4 is in the bag, and I'm (almost) looking forward to Day 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment