Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reading and reading and reading ...

... is what I'd really like to do.

Sadly, my intentions for reading are far better than my actualities these days, and I hate it. Quite often, I blame it on a grad school reading hangover, but I think that ship has long since sailed.

Whatever the reason, I'm moving on in 2011. To that end, I've signed up for the 2011 chick lit reading challenge over at Chick Lit Plus, so you can look forward to reading my reviews. Despite my academic pedigree, I'm a huge fan of the chick lit genre, and I have lots of things to say about it.

I'm also returning to my early reading loves. Inspired by a grad school friend who endeavors to read the complete works of one author each year, I'm setting out to read all of Edith Wharton's fiction this year. My Kindle is loaded for the journey!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to read the complete works of one writer. I'm going to take up the challenge now, too. Hmmm...but whom to choose? So tough! I think I'll make it Italo Calvino. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *nodnod* It would be interesting to read some Wharton again. "Grad school hangover" is a good way of putting it, but I don't think I can claim that anymore either.

    I don't think I'll read all of Wharton, but I like the idea of reading a particular author's entire body of work. I have no idea who I'd read yet, though. ... Will you go through Wharton chronologically?

    Also, K and I are looking forward to your Chick Lit thoughts and reviews. (K selectively enjoys chick lit quite a lot.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, your choice is far more salubrious than mine. I applaud you.

    C, I'm reading Wharton chronologically, though I'm doing the novels first (technically, there's a short story collection before The Touchstone, but I think beginning with her short fic would distract me). Want to read The Touchstone with me? I've never read it before, and it is Jamesian in its sentence structure thus far. Gah. In better news, it's free for Kindle et al (so you don't even need the book -- your netbook would do fine).

    Yet another reason to adore K. -- hooray!

    ReplyDelete